City’s Most Popular Park
Happy Valley Park features (24) acres of wetlands. A boardwalk wanders through the wetlands allowing access to natures wonders. A paved pathway around the park offers a three quarter of a mile jog or walk to enjoy the surrounding sites.
A very popular feature to the City’s park is the Splash Pad. This spectacular facility boasts sixteen (16) water sprays in a variety of spray sequences. Parents can sit and watch their children play while enjoying the relaxing sound of the water. The Splash Pad, which has no standing water, is equipped with showers, streams and water sprays. Included with the Splash Pad is a restroom facility with eight (8) individual bathrooms and drinking fountains. Each year, the Splash Pad opens the Friday before Memorial Day and stays on through Labor Day weekend.
Happy Valley Park offers an abundance of activities for children such as a tot park, toddler park, jungle gym, swings, teeter totters, mini whirl, and a modular play system. Volleyball, tennis and basketball courts are also available. All coupled with the picnic areas and horseshoe pits, this makes an excellent combination for a family outing.
Three off-leash dog areas are located in the back southerly end of the park. All are fully fenced area has been setup to allow your dog to run free. Two pet and people-friendly water fountains in the off leash dog run areas have been added. Dog bags and pick up stations are provided throughout the park, which have been donated by neighborhood businesses.
Happy Valley Park is located at 13770 SE Ridgecrest Road, Happy Valley, OR. Map It
Happy Valley Park is open for reservations beginning on February 15th each year. Reservations shall be taken on a first-come, first-served basis and cannot be confirmed by phone. A park reservation application and/or special park event application must be completed, the available date must be confirmed by the city, and the reservation fee must be paid before the reservation can be approved. Certain activities, events, or additional equipment may require a special park event permit and may require liability insurance and additional fees may apply.
There are four covered areas available for reservations: Area A, B, C, and D (the gazebo). Please contact Kelsi Niece at (503) 783-3813 with park reservation questions.
Make a Reservation
- Review the park reservation application for fees and information needed.
- Inquire if your date, time, and desired area is available at (503) 783-3800.
- Am I in District? Visit North Clackamas Parks & Recreation District to verify.
- Download, fill out, and submit your application and fees to City Hall.
- Review the Happy Valley Park Rules.
- If required, please include the special event application with your reservation.
Special Event Application
Certain activities, events, or additional equipment may require a special park event permit. You may be required to provide liability insurance and additional fees may apply. Click here to download the special event application.
City Ordinance 222
- PARK HOURS: 8:00 a.m. to dusk
- All Garbage/Rubbish is to be deposited in cans provided and lids securely replaced, or placed in trash bags, securely tied, or to be removed from the park by the user.
- The possession, sale or consumption of ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES AND CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES ARE PROHIBITED.
- Effective 3/17/09 by City Ordinance 386, all city-owned buildings, parks, trails & parking lots are tobacco-free. SMOKING AND USE OF TOBACCO PRODUCTS IS PROHIBITED.
- Gambling, betting or games of chance are prohibited.
- Destruction of any park equipment or property is prohibited.
- Mutilation or destruction of any vegetation is not allowed.
- Injury or molestation of any animal (wild or domestic) or fish is prohibited.
- Fishing, bathing, swimming or building of any dam is not allowed in any stream or fountain.
- Destruction or defacing of any park signs, equipment, building or City property is prohibited.
- All animals are to be kept on a leash. No livestock is allowed in the park.
- Advertising or sale of any item(s) in the park shall be by permit only.
- Vehicle parking is permitted in marked parking areas only. Parking in unmarked areas is permitted for loading and unloading only. PARKING ON GRASS IS PROHIBITED.
- The sound level of radios, tape/CD players and amplification systems shall be kept at a level that will not offend other park users or park neighbors.
- Building of fires/campfires is prohibited.
- Overnight camping is prohibited.
- No personal fireworks are allowed in the park.
- No weapons or explosive devices of any kind are allowed in the park.
- No use of any javelin, shot put, discus or golf equipment is allowed in the park.
- Barbeques are provided, but you may bring your own. HOWEVER: You are responsible for the SAFE DISPOSAL of coals and grease. DO NOT DEPOSIT COALS AND/OR GREASE ON PARK GROUNDS OR IN PARK GARBAGE CANS.
- CAUTION: The driving of stakes into the ground is prohibited. Underground utilities may be encountered.
If you have any questions regarding the park or the City’s reservation process, please contact
Community Services at City Hall (503) 783-3800. In case of emergency, please dial 911.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION.