This week, we’re recognizing the people in our very own Public Works Department who provide and maintain city infrastructure and maintenance services. A primary goal of the celebratory week includes educating the general public about the value and necessities of public works projects and to call attention to the importance of public works in community life.
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐕𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐲 𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐏𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐜 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐬 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐦 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐯𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐣𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐬.
- Maintenance of approximately 58 lane miles of City streets and parking lots
- Removal of debris and snow, roadway sanding and sweeping, striping, pothole repair, crack-sealing, and signage
- Fulfillment of local, State, and federal mandates for streets and right of ways
- Maintenance of the City parks and the Citywide trail system and public open spaces including all mowing, planting, blackberry removal, and tree trimming
- Maintenance of all park buildings and athletic fields
- Maintenance of playground equipment, picnic facilities, and sport courts
- Maintenance of the City’s park equipment
With so many important responsibilities this team oversees, we think it’s fitting to create some space to celebrate this group. If you can, consider joining us at our event this Wednesday as we encourage residents to mingle with the Public Works staff, explore the big rigs, and enjoy a sweet treat. Learn all about it at the link below.