Community Partnership Program Tourism Grants
The 2019 Application process is completed.
The deadline for the 2019 application submission is 5:00 pm Thursday, Feb. 28, 2019.
Max Request: $19,000
Minimum Request: $250
The City of Happy Valley is again promoting the Community Partnership Program (CPP) that provides funding for tourism-related projects in local communities. The CPP grants are made available by Oregon’s Mt. Hood Territory (OMHT). Funding for this grant program comes from the County’s 6% transient lodging tax.
Qualifying projects are those that demonstrate the ability to:
- generate overnight stays in lodging facilities
- bring out of area visitors into a community from more than 50 miles away to recreate, shop, dine or take in the arts, cultural or historic offerings, and/or
- entice visitors to linger longer in a community within Clackamas County
Acceptable project examples:
- Geocaching Challenges
- Maps, Brochures, and Flyers
- Responsive Websites
- On-line Marketing
- Co-op Advertising Buys
- Interpretive Panels & Signage
- Driving or Walking Tours
- Agritourism or Heritage Loops
- Festivals and Events
- Organized Rides/Runs
Online applications will be accepted until Thursday, February 28, 2019. Once received, a committee made up of community liaisons will make the gifting determinations based on the selection criteria set by the CCTCA. Notice of awards will be emailed by end of April 2019.
CPP grants may be awarded to public, private, or non-profit organizations whose project(s) demonstrate an ability to benefit the greater public interests of tourism development and promotion. Because this program is funded with public dollars, grants cannot be awarded that benefit religious organizations or private for-profit businesses.
- Create a grant applicant profile (for those who have not already done so)
- Those who have already registered a profile can access the on-line application and grant reporting forms here
If you have questions about CPP grants in your community please contact the local CPP grant administrator.
Contact Stephani Hern at 503-783-3819 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.