Welcome to summer reading! We’re celebrating books, creativity, and learning. So let’s read away the long summer days. There will be prizes for Happy Valley Library community readers in August, as well as a weekly prize drawing for Make & Do participants.
How to Play
- Read for at least 20 minutes on 24 separate days. Audiobooks count too!
- For children five or younger, someone can read or sing to them for at least 10 minutes per day for 24 separate days.
- Mark a square on your game board for each day that you read.
How to get a game board:
- Pick up a game board at the Library, or
- Download a printable game board (full-color or black & white), or
- Find one in the Happy Valley Newspaper, or
- Make your own ~ we aren’t picky 😜
When you’re finished:
- Hold on to your reading record! Prizes will be given in August. Check back for more details!
What to Read
Reading of all kinds counts for Summer Reading! If you’re looking for ideas, check out our 2021 Summer Reading Book List. We’ve put together some of our recent favorites for your summer reading pleasure. We’ve got suggestions for all ages, and all sorts of readers, from romance and mysteries to literary fiction and narrative nonfiction.
Make and Do
Want to try something new? Try our all ages Make and Do challenges! Send us a pic of your answer to any challenge to be entered into weekly prize drawings.
Happy Valley community members, please email entries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In a reading rut? Get out of your comfort zone, and discover something new with these reading ideas! We’re here to help, if you’d like book suggestions.