City Update 3.17.20
At the City, our focus is, as always, on the health and safety of our employees, residents, and community. We believe it is our responsibility to take precautions and do what we can to help minimize the spread of COVID-19.
In light of this rapidly changing situation, we have made the difficult decision to temporarily close City facilities in order to further protect our employees and beloved community. Beginning today, Tuesday, March 17 at 5:00 pm ALL City facilities will be impacted. Specifics to this impact include:
- City Hall will be closed to the public effective 5:00 pm March 17, 2020 through Tuesday, March 31 at 5:00 pm. City employees will be working remotely as much as possible and staff will be helping customers by phone or Email. Minimizing such direct contact is not only a safeguard for you, but for our City employees. We can be reached at 503-783-3800. Please note that Passport Services continue to be suspended at this time.
- All park reservations are limited to parties of 25 or less, in accordance with the current State-wide ban. The City is reaching out to anyone with reservations to provide notice and discuss alternative options.
- Athletic fields utilized by sports organizations are limited to groups of 25 participants or less in accordance with the current State-wide ban. The City is reaching out to organizations with field reservations to provide notice and discuss alternative options.
- Happy Valley Library remains closed through March 31, 2020. All programs and events at the library are canceled, and material hold pick-ups are now suspended. Please refer to Happy Valley Library for all details as well as library services still available online.
- Municipal Court is cancelled Wednesday, March 18, 2020. Please refer to Municipal Court for all instructions and details.
- The Annex Community Room at the Community Policing Center is closed to public events until further notice.
- The Happy Valley Policing Center is closed to the public. Happy Valley Police will continue to patrol, investigate crimes, and respond to emergencies. As usual, please call 9-1-1 anytime you see suspicious activity or a crime in progress. Please call the non-emergency number at 503-655-8211 to provide information or make a report for other concerns.
- Happy Valley Park: The park remains open at this time however the City is monitoring recommendations related to similar open spaces as it relates to groups.
The City has elected to take these precautions as a proactive measure in order to practice recommended social distancing. Again, our primary goal is to help keep both members of the public and our City staff healthy and safe. We will continue to closely monitor the announcements and recommendations regarding COVID-19 from representatives at the local, state, and federal level and provide you with updates as to how this impacts City of Happy Valley services.
In the meantime, please continue to refer to the City’s website and Facebook page for specific details related to services and scheduling. The City will continue to reevaluate service delivery as more information becomes available.