Happy Valley Park & COVID-19
COVID-19 Happy Valley Park Update
The City of Happy Valley has made the critical decision to temporarily update the rules at Happy Valley Park amid the quickly evolving COVID-19 situation. While being outside, exercising, and burning energy is certainly important for everyone during this time, we believe we have a responsibility to create some explicit parameters that will better allow for the recommended social distancing practices to be carried out.
The following list indicates the new rules at Happy Valley Park, which reflect a partial closure at this time: (please note that these park rules could be further amended as this situation continues to change)
- Main entrance gates to the parking lots will be closed in order to reduce the number of visitors to the park and to encourage social distancing efforts
- The Dog Park will remain open, but limited to 5 persons per section at a time
- All play structures will be CLOSED
- Picnic shelter tables will be limited to 5 persons at a time
- Picnic tables in all other areas of the Park will be limited to 5 persons at a time
- Gazebo will remain open, but limited to 10 persons at a time
- Skate Park, Basketball Court, Tennis Courts, and Volleyball Courts will be CLOSED
- The Community Garden will be CLOSED
- Athletic fields will remain open, but limited to 10 persons at a time
- Parking will be limited on Ridgecrest
- No vendors will be permitted in any area of the Park
All Park trails, walking paths, and boardwalk to remain open.
Restrooms will continue to be cleaned twice per day (AM/PM).
The City is taking these precautions in efforts to help curb the spread of this virus and better encourage social distancing in this popular communal space. To help enforce these rules, the City’s public safety team will be monitoring the Park’s activity during open park hours each day. There will also be plenty of signs at each area mentioned above to help alert and remind park goers of these rules. Again, the City will continue to monitor and evaluate park protocols on an ongoing basis.
These park rules will go into effect today, Thursday, March 19, 2020.
To report violations to park rules, please call:
Monday-Friday 8am – 5pm: Happy Valley City Hall at 503-783-3800
OFF HOURS: Non-emergency dispatch at 503-655-8211