- To provide professional advice and technical expertise to elected officials, appointed boards and commissions, city departments and citizens to assist in understanding and addressing key community issues and priorities.
- To continue to focus on a long term commitment to economic vitality, environmental integrity, and development design quality through the highest quality master plans, plan implementation and development review.
- To encourage planning principals that promote rational, economical and environmentally efficient use of land, to allow Happy Valley to grow in a manner consistent with the goals of the community.
- To protect the natural environment and the City of Happy Valley’s critical and unique natural resources and to maintain open space via the protection of steep slopes, wetlands and riparian corridors.
- To implement quality development and uses of the land through the application of conscientious design standards and architectural regulations.
- To work with planned integrated land use and transportation plans and subsequent development to maintain the natural beauty of the City of Happy Valley’s hillsides, trails, woodlands and scenic vistas.
- To promote both economic growth and the enhancement of the City of Happy Valley’s quality of life; safe and efficient modes of transportation; and, identification of land suitable for all types of housing for the City of Happy Valley’s current and future residents.