As part of the construction for the Pleasant Valley Villages development, 162nd Avenue will be closed from Misty Drive to Monner Road beginning April 1st through July 1st.
During the closure, the contractor, Emery and Sons, will be installing new underground utilities (sanitary, storm, water, gas, communication and electric) and re-constructing a small section of 162nd Avenue in preparation for a future collector connection through to 172nd Avenue instead of the current route via Hagen Road. The new roadway re-configuration will include a widened roadway complete with curbs and sidewalks.
Emergency vehicles and residents living within the closure zone are considered “Local Access” and will be allowed access within the closure area. All other traffic will be required to use the designated detour route shown below.
If you have concerns during construction you may contact the contractor directly:
Emery & Sons Construction Grou
CITY’S PROJECT MANAGER
City of Happy Valley
The Development in Brief
- Developer: Holt Group, LLC
- Number of Lots (for ALL phases): 898
- Contractor: Emery & Sons
- 162nd Avenue Diverted: With the completion of Phase 4 (estimated
- 2021) traffic on 162nd Avenue will be diverted to Pleasant Valley Parkway which will connect through to a new round about at 172nd as shown on the open space plan.
- Phase 4 Status: Currently in Review.
- Haggen permanent closure: With the completion of Phase 4 Haggen Road will be closed to access at 172nd Avenue