Neighborhood Block Party
Promote Community Togetherness
Keep the summertime fun going with a neighborhood block party! A block party is a wonderful way to establish relationships with your neighbors and build community spirit and cohesiveness. The Community Services Department is happy to assist you in this endeavor. To encourage neighborhood bonding, City Council has waived all fees for block party permits. There is an option to request street closure so residents can enjoy time together without persistent vehicle traffic. This may also help encourage more space for neighbors to gather as well as allow children to play more freely. The City will provide safety barricades and notifications if street closure is requested. Party organizers are encouraged to invite Happy Valley Police, Clackamas Fire, and Code enforcement to attend their parties. These groups look forward to meeting community members and providing demonstrations that are interesting to young and old alike.
During summer months, Happy Valley Parks and Recreation is offering some additional fun to help take your block party to the net level (when requested and if available).
- On Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays only, due to program scheduling. Parks and Recreation can provide a Party Box that includes a variety of fun games and activities.
- Hot dogs, buns, and crime prevention materials for up to 50 people.
- Police, Fire Department, and Code Enforcement – dependent on availability.
Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible so that the City can make any necessary arrangements. Applications will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Criteria For Approval
Applicant is responsible for the following:
- The removal of all trash and debris, and restoring the right of way to its original state
- If a street closure is requested, residents must have vehicle access to homes and emergency access must be allowed.
- Event hours must fall between 10am–10pm
*This program is not intended for private parties that would be exclusive of any neighboring residents*
Ready to plan your own neighborhood block party? Head to the link below to fill out an application!
Need a few ideas to ensure a good turnout and make sure everyone has a good time? Check out our tips to make sure your neighborhood gets the most out of your event.