The Friends of the Library provides needed support to Happy Valley Library in these areas:
- Special events and programs, such as movies and concerts in the park
- Children’s summer reading program
- Purchase of needed equipment
- Volunteer appreciation
- Purchase of material for the library collection
The Friends of the Library also operate book sale rooms at the library. The sale rooms are open the same hours as the library. All items are 50 cents and magazines are free. Used and almost new paperback and hardcover fiction and non-fiction items are available. The friends use the profits from the sale room to help the library in many ways. In the past years they have purchased:
- Cultural passes for area attractions
- Prize books and program expenses for the children’s summer programs
- Materials to build custom shelving units for the new Sunnyside library
- A subscription to Book Page, a monthly book review newspaper
- Computer equipment
- DVD/CD disc resurfacing machine and supplies
Membership Dues are $10.00. Larger donations are welcome. Dues and any donations are tax deductible. Membership Privileges: members may choose one free book per month from the Friends of the Library Book Sale Room.
Meetings are on the first Thursday of the month at 2:00 pm in the Happy Valley Library Community Room.
If you would like to become a Friend of the Library, or make a donation, send it to:
Friends of the Library
Happy Valley Library
13793 SE Sieben Park Way
Happy Valley, OR, 97015
Friends of the Library is a non-profit 501c3 organization that provides financial support to the Happy Valley Library. It was assigned a page on Happy Valley’s website because its activities and support are inter-related.