Thank you, Happy Valley!
Throughout the month of August, the City reached out to the community to get your input to help us create a strong Parks Plan that reflects the needs and desires of the Happy Valley community.
Thank you to everyone who provided their input to help shape your community’s Parks Plan. Through our parks planning workshop, community events, and online engagement—nearly 600 people gave us their feedback!
Key things we heard:
• Residents and parks visitors like to use parks as a place to gather for community and family events.
• People want their parks to be safe, clean, natural, and accessible.
• The most talked about parks features are a swimming pool and walking trails.
• Most people confirmed that a new community center, new community park, and multi-purpose turf fields, and better trail connections are the top priorities for parks. Of those, most people said a new community center and better trails connections are the most important priorities.
• Overall, people said that it is most important to add walking trails and aquatic facilities.
Check out the new Master Parks Plan!
On Tuesday, December 19, 2017, City Council unanimously voted to adopt the Master Parks Plan and Ordinance 534 was signed into effect.
The Parks, Recreation & Open Space Plan is based on input received throughout the planning process, from city staff and officials, the Parks Advisory Committee and community members and stakeholders. The plan includes parks planning goals and objectives, a map of potential new parks sites, and a prioritized list of parks facilities and amenities to guide decision makers as they plan for parks over the coming decade.
We value your input – please continue to stay engaged in Happy Valley’s Parks and Recreation process!
We will be sharing information and updates on Facebook, Twitter, and on our website.
Sign up for email notifications here.
About the Parks Plan
The City of Happy Valley is developing a Parks, Recreation & Open Space Plan. The Plan establishes a path forward for providing park facilities and recreation opportunities for Happy Valley residents. It will set goals and priorities for the City and recommend specific improvements for the next 5-10 years, and will guide decisions about planning, acquiring, developing or implementing parks, recreation programs or recreational facilities.
You can learn more about the Parks Plan: