The Public Works Department is the operations side of the City. Our role is to provide, operate, and maintain the City’s Transportation Infrastructure System and facilities to support a growing community.
Along with other City departments, community volunteers, and committee members, we take part in how that infrastructure is planned for, used, and maintained.
- Maintenance of approximately 58 lane miles of City streets and parking lots
- Removal of debris and snow, roadway sanding and sweeping, striping, pothole repair, crack-sealing, and signage
- Fulfillment of local, State, and federal mandates for streets and right of ways
- Maintenance of the City parks and the Citywide trail system and public open spaces including all mowing, planting, blackberry removal, and tree trimming
- Maintenance of all park buildings and athletic fields
- Maintenance of playground equipment, picnic facilities, and sport courts
- Maintenance of the City’s park equipment