Happy Valley is part of the Portland Metro region. Advantageously located less than 15 miles SE of downtown Portland, 12 miles from Portland International Airport, and near major freeways and highways, including I-205 and Hwy 26, Happy Valley is an ideal location for businesses with regional or far-reaching aspirations. Living in Happy Valley means a high quality of life, with nearby job opportunities, a strong family-oriented community, and a place that welcomes new talent and ideas.
- To promote economic growth in the City of Happy Valley through the attraction of new business and industry and the retention of existing businesses by providing the resources that enable economic and business development and advance the general well-being of the community.
- To be a sound economic competitor, providing opportunities for commercial and industrial development that enable business owners and residents to benefit from Happy Valley’s dynamic and fast-growing economy, well-educated labor force, and dynamic living and working environment.
- To pursue grant funding opportunities, tax abatement programs and all other economic development “tools” in order to foster job creation in the City of Happy Valley.
Strategic Investment Zone
The Urban and Rural Strategic Investment Zone provides a compelling business recruitment tool designed to attract large capital intensive traded sector businesses. The program provides consistent criteria and a streamlined approval process.
- 15 year property tax abatements on facilities and equipment to any “traded-sector” business. Examples include production, manufacturing, high tech, among others.
- Applies to large capital investments—$25 million minimum in the rural zone and $100 million in the urban zone.
- Requires the company to pay a community service fee equal to 25% of the tax savings per year to local public service providers to offset community impacts. The community service fee is capped at an annual maximum of $2 million in urban areas or $500,000 in rural areas.
The Clackamas County Urban Zone: unincorporated urban Clackamas County and the cities of Lake Oswego and portions of Happy Valley.
- Economic Development Flyer
- Happy Valley Industrial Land Profiles
- SDC’s & Excise Taxes
- Commercial Submittal Guidelines
TAX ABATEMENT PROGRAMS