Economic Development Division
Happy Valley is part of the Portland Metro region. Advantageously located less than 15 miles SE of downtown Portland, 12 miles from Portland International Airport, and near major freeways and highways, including I-205 and Hwy 26, Happy Valley is an ideal location for businesses with regional or far-reaching aspirations. Living in Happy Valley means a high quality of life, with nearby job opportunities, a strong family-oriented community, and a place that welcomes new talent and ideas.
- To promote economic growth in the City of Happy Valley through the attraction of new business and industry and the retention of existing businesses by providing the resources that enable economic and business development and advance the general well-being of the community.
- To be a sound economic competitor, providing opportunities for commercial and industrial development that enable business owners and residents to benefit from Happy Valley’s dynamic and fast-growing economy, well-educated labor force, and dynamic living and working environment.
- To pursue grant funding opportunities, tax abatement programs and all other economic development “tools” in order to foster job creation in the City of Happy Valley.
- Happy Valley Economic Opportunities Analysis (2011)
- Happy Valley Industrial Land Profiles
- Rock Creek Funding Concept Study
- SDC’s & Excise Taxes
- Non-Residential & Commercial Submittal Guidelines
- Urban Renewal Plan