Animal Services

Maintaining Control of Your Dog

While the City has no leash law, you are still required to keep your animal from running at-large and from trespassing on other people’s property.

Dog Licensing

A dog license issued by the City of Happy Valley is required for all dogs six months or older within the city limits. Click here to learn more about licensing your pet.

To report dogs running at-large, a found dog, barking complaints, or any other animal-related issues, please contact us at (503) 783-3800.

Dog Park

Dogs may only run off-leash at the Happy Valley Dog Park, which is located at the south end of Happy Valley Park at 13770 SE Ridgecrest Road. Dogs must be on a leash and under the control of the owner in all other areas of the park.


Steve Campbell

Director of Community Services & Public Safety

(503) 783-3818
[email protected]

Jason Thompson

Lead Community Service Officer

(503) 783-3817
[email protected]

Michael Barnes

Community Service Officer

(503) 886-8487
[email protected]

David Coan

Community Service Officer

(503) 886-8488
[email protected]