Passport Applications

Passport Service is open

The City of Happy Valley’s Passport Acceptance Facility is open for walk-in, no appointment needed.

Please call, 503-783-3800,  with any passport questions.

Appointment hours: (subject to change)

Monday – Friday

9:00am – 2:30pm

Up to Date Passport Operations and Processing Times
Complete your passport application form(s) online at travel.state.gov, where easy, step-by-step instructions allow you to complete your forms.

You may also print the form(s) you need and complete them by hand if you prefer. Please remember that forms must be printed in a single-sided format. No white-out or correction fluid is permitted. Complete in black ink. Do NOT sign your DS-11 Form until instructed by your Passport Acceptance Agent.

Application for Passport: DS-11

Use Form DS-11 if:

  1. You have never had a U.S. passport or
  2. You are under age 16 or
  3. Your most recent passport was issued more than 15 years ago or
  4. Your most recent passport was lost or stolen. (If you are applying because your most recent, valid passport was lost or stolen, you will also need to submit Form DS-64.)

You can pick up a passport application, Form DS-11, in the City Hall lobby or download one here.

First-time applicants need to apply in person. All children, including infants, are required to appear. There are additional requirements to process passport applications for children under the age of 16. If you are applying for a passport for a child under the age of 16, please click here and read the section carefully. Students ages 16 to 17 should be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.

Application for Passport by Mail (Renewals Only): DS-82

You are eligible to apply with a Form DS-82 if you can answer yes to the following statements:

  1. You can submit your most recent passport AND
  2. You were at least 16 years old when your most recent passport was issued AND
  3. You were issued your most recent passport in the last 15 years AND
  4. You use the same name as on your most recent passport or since your passport was issued, you have had your named changed by marriage or court order and can submit proper documentation to reflect your name-change.

If you answered NO to any of the four statements above, you cannot use Form DS-82. You must apply on Form DS-11.

To obtain more information about renewing your passport by mail or to download Form DS-82 from the U.S. Department of State, click here.

PLEASE NOTE: Children under the age of 16 are required to submit both a state certified birth certificate and their old passport when renewing. These passports must be renewed in person.