Community Center Feasibility Study
For the last two years, the City has been conducting a feasibility study and developing plans to bring a Community Center to fruition. Based on input gathered through surveys, focus groups, and a resident-led Steering Committee, the following amenities rose to the top:
- Indoor Recreational Swimming Pool
- Double Court Gymnasium
- Indoor Walking & Jogging Track
- Large Community Room & Kitchen
- Reservable Gathering Space
- Weight & Cardio Spaces
- Group Exercise Room
In recent months, the City has been working on developing potential building designs. The Parks Advisory Committee and City Council were excited to review the designs that were based on the input the City has received by the community. We are excited to share a sneak peak at the early designs.
At the same time, the City Council has selected a location and is in the final stages of securing property for the community center and a future community park.
For more information, contact Ben Bryant, Assistant City Manager at [email protected] or 503-886-8440.
- Finalize efforts to purchase property for a future community center
- Develop a Financial Analysis/Strategy
- Seek additional input via a community survey with information about the potential costs and tax impacts
- Possible additional Steering Committee discussions
- Parks Advisory Committee Review and Recommendation
- City Council Direction
February 23, 2022
December 15, 2021
October 25, 2021
“Members of the City Council possibly constituting a quorum may attend the Community Center Steering Committee. The Council will not deliberate towards nor make a decision”.
Steering Committee Members
Doris (Dee) Bedsole