Community Center Feasibility Study
For over a decade, residents of Happy Valley have asked for a community center. A place to work out, take classes, gather with friends, and maybe even swim. Following the City’s withdrawal from NCPRD, completing a community center feasibility was identified as one of the City Council’s top priorities. In 2021, the City hired a consultant team to assist with the evaluation of a potential community center. This has included community surveys, focus group meetings with key stakeholders, a market analysis, and more.
Currently, the City has convened a Steering Committee made up of residents active in the community. The committee will meet multiple times to advise the City on the size of the center and the types of amenities that should be included.
Among the uses and features the City is considering for a community center include:
- Sport courts including staples such as basketball, but also pickleball and more
- Social spaces such as a senior center, teen center, café and party rooms
- Enrichment spaces for classes and practice in arts, crafts, cooking and more
- Fitness facilities such as weights, cardio equipment and an indoor track for walking and jogging
- Pools and spas including lap pools, water slides, hot tubs and the like
- Services such as a library annex or computer center
October 25, 2021
“Members of the City Council possibly constituting a quorum may attend the Community Center Steering Committee. The Council will not deliberate towards nor make a decision”.
To stay informed as things progress, sign up for email updates below.
Steering Committee Members
Doris (Dee) Bedsole