A Message from the Mayor
Mayor’s Message – Year in Review
Every year, our team puts together an Annual Report detailing the work we have accomplished as a group. As always, I can’t believe the progress the City made in 2022. An extensive amount of work was accomplished towards meeting the City Council Goals, improving the City’s infrastructure, and responding to the day-to-day needs of building and maintaining a community. Below are just a few of numerous projects the City has been working on this past year:
- Entered into an agreement to purchase 40 acres for a future community center and park;
- Installed additional all abilities playgrounds throughout the City;
- Received a grant to fund a sculpture at the Veteran’s Memorial;
- Passed the parks levy with over 75% approval;
- Identified land and developed plans for a future downtown;
- Completed 50% design for the library expansion, paving the way for construction in 2023;
- Welcomed new businesses; and
- Re-started world class city events following a break due to COVID-19
In addition to the projects above, the City continued to respond with the highest standards of customer service to record levels of applications, permits, requests, and other daily tasks of running the City.
I cannot say enough how impressed I am with how our entire team. Everyone at the City has played a significant role: from the City Council to our staff and volunteers. Let me say to all our volunteers, City Council members, and staff: thank you! I am proud of what we have accomplished and excited for the year ahead.
The 2022 Annual Update Report is available here.