A Message from the Mayor
Mayor’s Message – Year in Review
As we get ready to take on a new year, I want to share all that we accomplished as a City in 2023. Below are just a few of numerous projects the City has been working on this past year:
- Began an expansion of the Happy Valley Library for a new community room;
- Completed installation of all-abilities playgrounds throughout the City;
- Purchased 40-acres of land for a future community center and park;
- Purchased land and developed plans for a future downtown;
- Started design work to widen and improve 172nd Avenue;
- Continued building new sidewalks;
- Worked collaboratively with developers to ensure new subdivisions and commercial centers provide parks, sidewalks, trails, and other amenities for the entire community to enjoy;
- Began construction of a new permanent sculpture to be placed the Veteran’s Memorial;
All of these exciting projects are in addition to the day-to-day business of running a City. Our team maintained roads and parks to high standards, responded to daily calls and emails from residents, processed permits, organized community events, offered programs for youth and adults, provided library materials, and more.
I’m grateful to work alongside my fellow City Councilors who are united on a vision for our community that includes well-maintained infrastructure, facilities and programs that bring our community together, and fiscal responsibility to achieve our goals.
We also have the best team of employees of any City. They show up to work every day with a desire to make Happy Valley a better place to live, work, and play. Without their hard work, we wouldn’t be able to achieve our vision.
Thank you also to our volunteers who serve on committees, shelve books at the library, and/or assist with community events. We couldn’t do this without your help.
I am proud of what we have accomplished and excited for the year ahead.