Welcome to the Pleasant Valley/North Carver Comprehensive Plan web site.
This is an exciting time for the area, as this plan will allow the expansion of quality public services, such as police, schools, and parks, as well as offer community members a voice in the planning process. The plan will build off the efforts of the adjacent (to the west) East Happy Valley Comprehensive Plan, adopted in 2009, and provide direction for the City’s overall Comprehensive Plan.
After a long hiatus due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the City is picking up where it left off and moving forward with the Pleasant Valley/North Carver Comprehensive Plan.
On August 24, 2021 the Community Advisory Committee voted to recommend approval of the Pleasant Valley/North Carver Comprehensive Plan Summary Report by the Planning Commission and City Council.
Here is the draft schedule for next steps:
- July 22, 2021 – Reconvene Community Advisory Committee* (6:00pm – 7:30pm City Hall)
- August 24, 2021 – Final Community Advisory Committee Meeting (6:00pm – 7:15pm City Hall)
- September 13 – November 8, 2021 – Online Open House
- September 29, 2021 – In-person Open House (5:00pm – 7:00pm City Hall)
- December 14, 2021 – Planning Commission Work Session*
- February 8, 2022 – Planning Commission Hearing 1*
- March 8, 2022 – Planning Commission Hearing 2*
- April 2022 – City Council Hearing 1*
- May 2022 – City Council Hearing 2*
*These dates are not confirmed and susceptible to change
Do you have a question, comment or suggestion for the Plan? We’d love to hear from you. Click the “COMMENT” button below.
The PV/NC Comprehensive Plan process is underway. The City formed a Community Advisory Committee (CAC) and the Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) to help develop the plan and assist with community outreach. Seven CAC meetings have occurred since October 2018, with three more planned.
In addition to the CAC, community members will have plenty of opportunities to hear about area land use and transportation plans, and to provide input on how police, schools, parks and public services should be provided. Two community workshops were held in spring 2019, with over 130 participants. Two open house events are also planned for spring/summer 2021 to gain feedback from residents. Your input will help develop the community vision for the Comprehensive Plan.